Just Natural Skin Care: The Basics of Healthy Skin
Achieving healthy skin, as it is portrayed on TV and in magazines, seems to involve an endless foray into using countless skin care products. What isn’t included in this picture is how you can actually take care of your skin now, without being dependent on the skin care industry.
If you believe that you already have what it takes to take care of your own skin, then you’ve come to the right place. Today we are going to share with you expert tips on natural skin care that will help bring out the natural radiance of your skin. Let’s start!
- If you are outdoors most of the time, it is possible that your skin is already suffering from photo-damage or sun damage. If you are seeing a lot of dark spots on your face, it’s definitely time to protect your skin from further damage. The simplest and most effective way to do this is by applying sunscreen regularly.
Sunscreen is probably the most important development in dermatological science this century, because it addresses the number one cause of premature skin ageing: exposure to the sun. If you are exposed to the sun most of the time, you will need a sunscreen that has an SPF of 50 at least.
- Don’t forget to hydrate yourself regularly. Not drinking enough water can affect the overall appearance of your skin. There is no need to buy vitamin water or any other fancy drink in the market. Fresh and clean water is all your skin will ever need to stay hydrated. Save your money for something more urgent like fresh ingredients for your homemade skincare preparations!
- Check your eating habits: are you eating fast food and sugary foods most of the time? If you are, know that bad eating habits can cause skin eruptions, allergic reactions, and other skin ailments. If you can consume more fruits and vegetables, that you will do your skin a world of good, because the antioxidants and nutrients in fruits and veggies will immediately start repairing the damage to your skin.
- Wash your face more frequently with tepid water, to ensure that your pores are not blocked by dirt and your skin will remain clear throughout the day. There is no need to use potent cleansers if you wash your face regularly. A mild, cream-based cleanser will be sufficient to ensure that the skin on your face will look radiant. If you have chapped lips or dry patches on your face, try applying a bit of fresh honey to those areas. Honey is a natural emollient, and also has antimicrobial and antifungal properties. It is a hardworking natural skin care ingredient indeed!
- Do you smoke? If you do, you may want to re-visit the facts that link smoking to premature skin ageing. There is no way that you can sustain a skin care routine while consuming tobacco on a regular basis. Tobacco smoke contains countless poisons that can wear down every organ in your body, including your skin.